Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Transitioning to Fall


Hello, everyone! I must apologize for my absence. I will admit that I have been soaking up every last hot, wonderful, silly, delicious moment of summer. The time with my family is so PRECIOUS, why does it go so fast?

Yet, we are faced with the inevitable change of the seasons (and I do also LOVE fall)! Castaways has started accepting Back to School for kids and teens. We have a huge Open House on August 11, so we would love to have your fabulous items in before that. Please call us at 309-886-2424 and we will happily schedule you an appointment.

We are also taking items for women that will transition into fall. Don't you love the magazine articles that feature ways you can wear items into fall in totally unrealistic ways? You're reading it, thinking, "I would NEVER wear that!"  What about some realistic ways to transition some of your favorite pieces from summer to fall?  I have created some examples from everyone's favorite resource, Pinterest, using MY favorite piece, or at least the one I am most excited to wear from now until fall, or at least until I become tired of it and bring it to Castaways, the chambray shirt.

The above picture (Polyvore) features the chambray short with white shorts, gold and cognac accessories, and aviators. Can I just say that I adore everything about this outfit? It makes the shirt classy and fun and it is so comfy and fun for summer!


The next picture, from the love of my life, J Crew, is an adorable way to transition the same chambray shirt into fall.  I love the leopard flats and the cropped jeans, and I actually think the denim on denim is cute! I would stack on the bangles, add the bag from the above picture... oh, and the sunglasses too!

I know none of us are ready to think about it yet, but fall fashion is so fabulous! What summer piece could you transition into fall and how? And if you need our input on HOW to transition your summer piece into fall, post a picture on our Facebook page! We love nothing more than a challenge!

Hope you enjoy the rest of YOUR summer!
Cindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any idea where the first chambray shirt is from?

Cynthia Keller said...

Grrrr... I can't find it, Pinterest goes to Polyvore, and I can't link it back any further. It is AWESOME, though, isn't it? If you find it, let me know!