Friday, June 8, 2012

Five For Friday


1. I have always loved all things J. Crew.  Ever since the first time I laid eyes on the catalog, in approximately 1989. I BEGGED my parents for a green rugby with a white collar and blue oxford cloth ticking where it buttoned at the neck. I got the coveted rugby and LOVED it for it's clean-preppy simplicity. I still love J. Crew, and lately I have become even more obsessed. In the past few seasons, I could easily create my wardrobe from the pages of J. Crew's catalogs. Thank you for making me so very happy, J. Crew! And, fortunately for us, there are always lots of customers bringing their J. Crew pieces to Castaways. In fact, a few will be going out on our sales floor this morning.

2. Flat sandals, especially in metallics. As I walked along South Beach last weekend (more about that in a minute), flat sandals were EVERYWHERE. (Well, those and wedges). One street over, as we strolled the shops on Collins Avenue, I fell in love with these from Nine West. I want them, in fact, I need to have them. However, we have TONS of these sandals available at Castaways too! Don't you love that they are like jewelry for your feet?



3. I am crushing on all things green right now, from mint to this shade, and everything in between. I am on a mission to find the perfect dress right now. Such a fun color, and I love this embellished version with a belt. :) This one is from Ruche!


4. I think the maxi skirt is a great go-to piece for summer. Long, soft, easy, cool, and comfortable. And gorgeous and elegant with the  previously mentioned flat sandals. Effortless when paired with a simple white tank and long but dainty necklace, however, I LOVE it this way, with the belt and denim shirt! I found this one on Pinterest, but could not locate where it came from originally. Luckily, it is so easy for us to duplicate, and I don't suppose I need to tell you where you can locate all the necessary pieces. ;)


5. This post was inspired by my trip to Miami last week. We stayed at a hotel on Ocean Drive and spent our evenings sipping mojitos at the fabulous tables along the sidewalk, watching the impossibly gorgeous tanned fashionable people strolling by. It was an amazing experience, and I felt a bit like I was doing research for Castaways ~ I guess I was. :) THAT is my kind of work! :)

I hope you all have a FABULOUS weekend! And I hope I have inspired one or two wardrobe ideas!

Cindy



No comments: