Friday, August 17, 2012

Five For Friday... Brought To You By The Color...


CHARTREUSE!!!  Color is big for fall/winter, but most of the colors are dark and more muted. I think we NEED color once the days get gloomy, which, by the way, I am DREADING. I have always loved bright royal blue and fuchsia on a gloomy day, but this winter, I think chartreuse will be fun.  VERY few people can get away with full on chartreuse... I envision it on a dark complected brunette. However, I think we can all get away with it as an accent color. Here are a few of my favorite chartreuse pieces!

1. Super cute pointy toe flats by Nine West. Did you read last Friday's blog? Pointed toe flats are in!!!



2. This chartreuse Burberry Bag is gorgeous!


3. THIS GORGEOUS necklace is my favorite piece out of the five. It is Oscar de la Renta, and it is available at Neiman Marcus for approximately one million dollars. I am trying to find a similar piece to order for Castaways, and I promise it WILL NOT come with a hefty price tag!


4. This scarf from Anthropologie is a great way to incorporate chartreuse into your wardrobe!


5. I love a fitted jacket for fall, and I know many of you feel the same way! This one, from Gap, is a play it safe grey with a great chartreuse piping! SO CUTE!

The cool temps this weekend are going to get us all in the fall spirit! We will collect pops of chartreuse and display them for you at Castaways so that you can be thinking ahead to days when you will need to brighten up! Chartreuse is a little daring but not in small quantities! What are some other daring ideas to incorporate into our wardrobes???

No comments: