Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Five


  1. Great consignment finds. And, no, they don't have to be from Castaways! Although, it's perfectly acceptable, in fact, encouraged, if they are! My lovely employee, Haley, called me this week from a local resale shop with these beauties in hand. Yes, they are Cole Haan pumps with Nike Air technology that retail for over $200.00. They were priced at EIGHT DOLLARS!!!! And yes, they look brand new. Finally, yes, they are MY size, not hers, unfortunately (for Haley), and yes, she bought them for me (LOVE her!) It just goes to show you what AMAZING things you can find out there once you really start looking!



2.  I LOVE this Fashion Formula, found on Pinterest. It is the perfect guideline for getting dressed each morning and being perfectly put together without being either TOO bare bones, or worse TOO overdone! Try it this week, I think you'll LOVE the result. And isn't the Interest Piece the most fun component of the outfit???




3.  I had TWO customers this week compliment me on past acts of kindness.  Those compliments meant more to me than any great consignment, high dollar sales day, or fabulous shopping purchase EVER could. It really does feel good to make someone feel special, and I want Castaways to be a shop that does just that!


4.  It's almost here ~ my son goes back to school August 16! So don't forget our Open House on Saturday, August 11. We will have a sneak preview of children/teen fall clothing, NEW accessories, giveaways, refreshments, and much more! We are so excited to bring you this fabulous event, don't miss it!



5.  Another thing I have received many compliments on lately is our web presence.  I can't believe how many local professionals and people within my industry have taken notice of our Facebook page. I try really hard to keep our content innovative and interesting (Look, mom, I'm using my Journalism classes!) but I really couldn't do any of it without all of you!  If you weren't out there commenting and clicking the "like" button, our wealth of information wouldn't catch ANYONE'S eye! So, THANK YOU, and please let me know if there is anything new that YOU would like to see from Castaways on Facebook, Twitter, our blog... or anywhere else! 

Happy Weekend!
Cindy



No comments: