Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I'm wearing Wednesday



Sometimes, when I'm getting ready for work, I don't want to have to think too much. BELIEVE me when I tell you that with the craziness of our Back To School season, I am doing PLENTY of thinking once I get to work. So, on those days, I gravitate toward a simple dress and accent it with a statement necklace and a great pair of shoes.

I bought this dress from White House/Black Market three or four years ago at Castaways. I am NOT normally a girl who will hold on to an article of clothing for that long, but the cut, quality, and feel of this dress is pretty classic. I've had it through seasons of being heavier and losing a bit of weight, and it never fails me. I can also add black tights and a pair of boots and it works for fall and winter. How versatile!

I added this taupe bubble necklace from Castaways to complete the outfit. I LOVE this taupe to wear into fall, but we also have the necklace in an array of brighter colors if you want the pop! I loved the way the necklace and my wedges felt so neutral with the black dress. I am ready to my clothes to feel transitional into fall and I love how much fun it feels to change up a summer piece by wearing a way that feels a little more... autumnal... is that a word?

So, there you have it! EVERYONE has a LBD (little black dress) in their closet. Try it with a pair of heels and an awesome necklace (perhaps one of ours!) It's a no-brainer!

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy