Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Five


Hello! I received my beloved People Style Watch today, and it was tremendously THICK and FULL of fashion ideas for fall. I'm not quite ready to leave summer behind, but the cooler weather and my innate love for shopping are beginning to win out. I'm starting to get excited! I thought for this Friday Five I would share a few of the fall trends that I think will be really wearable here in Central Illinois. I love trends, but some of them aren't very realistic here. Oxblood leather? Probably not, for most of us. Peplums? Could be cute, but I can't picture very many people wearing them. I mean, skinny jeans are EVERYWHERE, but I can tell you with the utmost certainty that MANY of you are still uncomfortable with the idea. So... here are five great fall trends along with some ways to make them more wearable in the real world.


  1. Menswear. This trend is being shown in the magazines as a head to toe look. I think, done that way, it is a little.... less than feminine. In fact, I can tell you that from experience, because we recently tried to duplicate this look for Castaways' Facebook page and I am the one who put on the outfit... and promptly refused to wear it. I think that one or two pieces could be worn together and look amazing. I love each piece individually: fitted jacket, chambray shirt, cuffed boyfriend jeans, structured cross body, oxfords... and I really like the way the Pinterest user who put this outfit together added the feminine necklace. So cute! I think I may have to invest in the oxfords for fall.



2. Black skinnies.  Love, love, love!!!! For those of you mentioned above who are STILL scared of skinnies, these are a VERY safe start, and would be flattering on just about anyone if paired with black riding boots. The monochromatic line would be streamlined and VERY flattering! They would also be HOT with a nude pump!


3. Hunter Green. It will be the mint green of fall/winter and it is so pretty! Pick something hunter green (this dress by Zara, perhaps?) to add to your wardrobe, and if, like our Kayla, green isn't your thing, any jewel tone will work!

4. Pointed Toe Flats. Love them! They are so much sleeker than a rounded toe! I will DEFINITELY be adding a pair to my wardrobe, probably several. These are Steve by Steve Madden, and Pinterest has TONS of other cute choices!


5. The Heeled Short Boot. Most of us probably can't swing this $495 Rachel Zoe pair, but I'm sure there will be plenty of cheaper versions out there. Everything about these are GORGEOUS ~ the rich mahogany leather, the gold hardware, the extremely wearable heel. I am still hesitant about flat short boots with skinnies and skirts, I think it could be extremely unflattering. BUT with a dark skinny or a short skirt, these could be SO amazing. A fun alternative to the everyday flat riding boot!

So, there you have it. A first look at fall. Are you ready? What trends are you looking forward to wearing?

Cindy

No comments: