Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jeans Purge


I clean out my closet all the time. Imagine that! I have the best job in the world, and one of my favorite things about it is that my closet is forever changing.  I'm getting ready for fall and trying to decide what to add to my wardrobe as far as jeans go. I also felt like there were probably some pairs that could be weeded out. I decided to document the process. It worked really well for me!


Here are all of my jeans. I have 12 pairs. I LOVE my colored and white denim, and I had a few pairs that I am nowhere near ready to give up. BUT I want a new pair of super skinny dark wash and some black ones too, so I feel I can justify that by finding a couple of pairs to get rid of! Makes sense, right?


Here are the five pairs I tried on, left to right: Gap Ankle Zip Skinnies in fawn. I actually just bought these and wanted to try them on, so I really didn't plan to get rid of them. :) Old Navy Skinny Divas, Joe's Skinny Boot, Gap Real Straight, and Citizens of Humanity Straight.


I got out a pair of flats and heels to get the whole effect right when doing my try~on. Aren't those gold J Crew loafers adorable? Castaways!! :)


Here are the Gap Ankle Zip skinnies. I love them. Also love the neutral color. I can't wait to wear them with chambray and black for fall. A skinny is NEVER skinny enough for me, though. These fit more like a straight jean. I am still on a quest for the perfect skinny jean. But these are cute and fun and a great way to continue with my colored denim phase.


Here are the Old Navy Skinny Divas. I am not a fan. They aren't even close to being skinny and they definitely don't feel great on.


Eh. I don't feel like they are very flattering either. Off to Castaways they go, they will surely look cute on someone else! 


The Joe's Skinny Boot. I don't like them, have never worn them. I just can't get into the skinny boot. It looks odd on me. I love the wash though.


Nope. Not bum~flattering. Jeans that flatten that area of the body are NOT a good idea. Castaways for these too, Someone taller will ROCK them!


Gap Real Straight. I like these with flats, it is one of my favorite looks in the fall. I think these are cute. I will have to hold on to them. They are so comfy! 




I'm also not one to have a lot going on back~pocket~wise. I think a plain pocket and a dark wash is the most slimming on EVERYONE.


Here are the Citizens of Humanity Straight Fit. I like these too! They are similar to the Gap pair above, but cut just a little skinnier! Cuffed with heels, they look great!


I was lucky enough to find these at Castaways, and I'm not ready to send them back to the racks just yet.

So, there you have it. I found two pairs of jeans to take to Castaways and make a little bit of money. Most of you probably have MORE than 12 pairs of jeans, so take the time to try a few on that you haven't worn in awhile. You'll be glad you did, and you can come bring the pairs that don't make the cut to US! Maybe you'll even find some replacement pairs while you're at Castaways! AND if the idea of cleaning out your closet intimidates you, we will begin offering a closet cleaning service this fall. We'll come help you make all the tough decisions. We'll bring a bin for items to consign and a bin for items to donate, plus a camera to photograph outfit ideas. Heck, we'll even bring a bottle of WINE to ease the pain a little. If you'd like more information about this service, please call Castaways at 309-886-2424.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Cindy

No comments: